This policy (together with our terms and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us through our website, via one of our call-centres or our via our direct salesforce, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it. By visiting this website or providing your personal information to one of our call-centre operators/salesforce, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. Please note that this includes consenting to the processing of any sensitive personal information you provide, as described below.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Warm up North Ltd, B73 5BS – company number 10958638
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
Information you provide to us
Information we collect about you
When you visit our website(s) we may automatically collect information about your computer, including your IP address, information about your visit, your browsing history, and how you use our website. This information may be combined with other information you provide to us, as described above.
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we, or our group companies, operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, service providers, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them. This may be combined with other information you provide to us, as described above.
How we use your personal information
We use personal information about you in connection with the following purposes:
Fulfilling your requests:
- to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us to provide you with price comparison quotes and switching services;
- to complete any transaction you are undertaking with us
- to administer any promotion or competition that you enter via our website(s);
- to provide you with information about other goods and services that are similar to those that have already been purchased or enquired about
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you, which may be based on your activity on our website
Service Improvements and account management:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- to administer our site and for internal business administration and operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to notify you about changes to our service and to send you service emails relating to your account;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure; and
- to manage and operate your account with us.
Sharing your personal information
We may share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks and other third parties that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site. Your personal information is generally shared in a form that does not directly identify you.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, along with its professional advisers. If Warm Up North Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, personal information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If required in order to obtain professional advice.
We may also share with or sell to third parties aggregate information or information that does not personally identify you.
Where we store your personal information
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking or unchecking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access personal information held about you by uSwitch Ltd. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.